FSBI «National Medical
Research Center for Obstetrics, Gynecology
and Perinatology named after Academician V.I.Kulakov»
Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
Head of the Department: Safar Gamidov, M.D., Professor, andrologist, urologist
SPECALISTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
In the Department work 7 specialists with following specialization: Andrologist (6), Urologist (6), Ultrasound specialist (6), Pediatric urologist and andrologist (1), Endocrinologist (1), Psychiatrist (1), Psychotherapist (1), Sexologist (1), Obstetrician-gynecologist (1).
The Department deliveries qualified medical care to men with urological and andrological problems and to women with urologic pathology. The specialists of the department help to overcome the male infertility either with medical therapy, or using highly technological surgical interventions.
The activities of the Department also includes continuous research work and introduction into practice of the new methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients with reproductive disorders as well as the most complicated forms of male infertility. The unique research results achieved in genetic, histological, embryological, molecular and diagnostic laboratories, may be used in treatment.
Specialists of the department focus on providing care for patients with the following diseases:
• Kidney disease;
• Urinary tract disease;
• Prostate diseases;
• Endocrine disorders in men;
• Azoospermia (obstructive and non-obstructive);
• Disorders of spermatogenesis (all types);
• Autoimmune infertility;
• Planning a pregnancy in case of a genetic pathology in a man;
• Erectile dysfunction;
• Other diseases of the genitourinary system.
The Department offers the following treatment:
• Treatment of urinary incontinence in men and women;
• Ultrasound, vascular and neurophysiological methods of diagnosis;
• Identification and correction of all forms of sexual disorders;
• All types of microsurgery;
• Reconstructive and plastic operations on the male urethra, including autotransplantation;
• Coral stones removal;
• Sperm retrieval.
The specialists of the Department use the best advanced technologies of sperm retrieval:
• Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA)
• Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
• Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA)
• Microsurgical testicular sperm extraction (microTESE)
The Department has the largest experience in Russia in the usage of microTESE technology, which is especially effective in cases of failure of previous biopsy.
It also has the greatest experience in Russia in the usage of microsurgery in more than 1000 cases with no subsequent complication and/or relapse.
The Department possesses most advanced technical equipment, including surgical microscope with which all types of microsurgery in andrology are performed. Technologically advanced equipment and a wide range of surgical instruments put the Department on a par with the most reputable medical institutions Moscow.