Scientific activity of the Center includes planning, coordination and implementation of scientific research in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, perinatology and reproduction aimed at modernization of maternal and child healthcare in Russia. These tasks are implemented by the Scientific Council of Obstetrics and Gynecology and by the Research and Development Department. Since 2009 the Council has been headed by Professor G.T. Sukhikh, Academician of RAS, Director of the Center. The Center is coordinating the research in the field of women’s healthcare, mother, fetus and newborn in the following areas: physiology and pathology of the female reproductive system at different periods of woman’s life; study of the influence of environmental factors on reproductive function, fetus and newborn development; physiology and pathology of pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and early neonatal periods; diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases.
The Centre has a great potential for research based on extensive biobank of samples, 22 advanced laboratory facilities and experienced staff. The Center works by its own framework of research and within the national research tasks and grants, and is always open for proposals of joint international projects.
• Analysis of scientific literature and generalization of data on priority scientific trends of the Center;
• Development of scientific methodological base for scientific research of staff, postgraduates and fellows candidates and doctorates of the Center;
• Development of methodological base for the scientific auditing concept in biomedical research;
• Measuring and assessing academic performance (science metrics)
• Education of scientific researchers, postgraduate students and doctorates of the Center on the methods of planning and carrying out a scientific research, analysis of scientific literature, statistic data processing, the use of the data received in scientific and clinical practice and competent representation of the information.
• Consultation on scientific production approval for researchers, postgraduates, candidates, doctorates of the Center: research annotations, approbations, theses, reports, scientific articles, grants and patents.
Coordination and monitoring of scientific research activity of departments of the Center;
Planning and organization of periodical report system in scientific research activity of the departments of the Center;
Organizational and methodological support and coordination of implementation of scientific activities within the state tasks and grant support of the Center.
Department of Innovative Scientific Projects
Center of Clinical Research
Department of Scientometrics
Department of Patenting
Department of International Cooperation
Department of Scientific and Educational Programs
Department of Research and Development
Deputy Director of the Center - Head of the Department:
Natalia V. Dolgushina, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Master of Public Healthcare