Head of the Department: Safar Gamidov, M.D., Professor
SPECALISTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The team comprises the specialists with following specialization: andrologists, urologists, ultrasonographists, pediatric urologist and andrologist, endocrinologist, psychiatrist, psychotherapist, sexologist, obstetrician-gynecologist.
The Department deliveries qualified medical care to men with urological and andrological problems and to women with urologic pathology. The specialists of the department help to overcome male infertility either with medical therapy, or using highly technological surgical interventions.
The activities of the Department also includes continuous research work and introduction into practice of the new methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients with reproductive disorders as well as the most complicated forms of male infertility. The unique research results achieved in genetic, histological, embryological, molecular and diagnostic laboratories are implemented in the clinical practice.
Specialists of the department focus on providing care for patients with the following diseases:
• Kidney disease;
• Urinary tract disease;
• Prostate diseases;
• Endocrine disorders in men;
• Azoospermia (obstructive and non-obstructive);
• Disorders of spermatogenesis (all types);
• Autoimmune infertility;
• Planning a pregnancy in case of a genetic pathology in a man;
• Erectile dysfunction;
• Other diseases of the genitourinary system.
The Department offers the following treatment:
• Treatment of urinary incontinence in men and women;
• Ultrasonographic, angiographic and neurophysiological methods of diagnosis;
• Identification and correction of all forms of sexual disorders;
• All types of microsurgery;
• Reconstructive and plastic operations on the male urethra, including autotransplantation;
• Coral stones removal;
• Sperm retrieval.
The specialists of the Department use the best advanced technologies of sperm retrieval:
The Department has the largest experience in Russia in using microTESE technology, which is especially effective in cases of failure of previous biopsy.
It also has the greatest experience in Russia in successive microsurgery in more than 1000 cases.
The Department possesses most advanced technical equipment, including surgical microscope allowing all types of microsurgery. High-tech equipment and a wide range of surgical instruments put the Department on a par with the most reputable medical institutions.